Podicare offers a podiatry home visiting service for the house bound. We offer this service in the area that is within the Mundaring locality.
Acceptance of a home visit patient will depend on the availability of appointments , the distance from the clinic and the patient’s mobility. Home visits take 2-3 times longer than a clinic consultation and because of this , they are reserved for people who can not physically attend the clinic.
Home visits will be arranged by some home care providers and maybe accounted for in your care package. If this is the case, the service provider may arrange the appointment for you.
Fees for home visits start at $100 and increases depending on the distance the Podiatrist has to travel . To discuss the fee for a certain location , please call our clinic Tuesday to Friday on 08 9295 3471. Some health funds, medicare , DVA or NDIS fee subsidies may be available.
Preparing for your Home visit
Here are some handy hints to help prepare for your podiatry home visit.
- When booking explain any access issues that may be encountered by the podiatrist
- Listen out for the Podiatrist at the expected time
- Lock away dogs
- Set up a chair in a well lit room- a recliner with a footrest is ideal
- The podiatrist may need to plug in equipment, therefor choose a room with easy access to electrical outlets
- If you are able to, please wash or soak your feet before the treatment